Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Treatment Modalities :
The treatments that are performed in this department may range from any of the following listed procedures:
- Dentoalveolar surgery i.e. surgery to remove impacted third molars and other teeth, difficult tooth extractions, extractions on medically compromised patients, bone grafting or pre-prosthetic surgery to provide better anatomy for the placement of implants, dentures or other dental prosthesis.
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign pathologies like cysts and tumors etc.
- Diagnosis and treatment of malignant pathologies like cancer of the mouth and jaws.
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic facial pain disorders.
- Diagnosis and treatment of temporomandibular disorders (TMJ).
- Diagnosis and treatment of soft and hard tissue trauma of the oral and maxillofacial region like jaw bones, cheek bones, nasal bones, Lefort fractures, skull and orbital fractures.
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases and other pathologies affecting the major and minor salivary glands.
- Minor surgical procedures under office based sedation techniques for very anxious patients.